Verse for the day

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Blogs and readers(stats)

Earlier today ...... No wait it is yesterday by now.

Any way . Earlier on this blog I received 2 comments on my last post. One was from Matt at the Church of no People.

The other was from Tony C of Tony C Today.

Now Tony said :"Keep writing and people will find you and follow your blog." and I responded by saying :"I could not really care whether people read my blog or not. "

(Reading it again now that actually sounds a bit harsh.)

Then , later on , I realized that what I said was a contradiction to one of my earlier posts this month where I said that I blog because I wanted people to read.

And so I am here , to try and sort out the confusion.

I do not really mind how many people read my blog. Especially people from outside of my circle of friends. Make no mistake ... I am flattered that people like Tony and Matt take the time to read a bit and actually comment on my blog. But I am surely not Blogging to create a following . I blog for me. I blog to sort out my thoughts and put my struggles down on paper webspace. If , by chance, or maybe by God's guidance, someone I do not know reads my blog and finds a grain of wisdom , or a similar struggle or some comfort in my blog then that is good. But that is surely not my main purpose to this blog.

I do hope that my friends do read my blog, because I think that reading my blog might give them an insight into my thoughts and my emotions that they would not otherwise have had. I hope that by reading each others blogs we would see the needs and share the pain of this circle of friends. That we would be able to carry each others burdens

And so I write in order to be honest. To put my heart on my sleeve and leave my masks at the door firewall and just be me. To show those interested enough in me the real me. And if, after they have read my blog and seen the real me, they still want to be my friends then I know that I have true friends.

It is nice to know that there are people who read my blog. But , it is not essential to my blog's survival. Even if I had no readers , I would still blog.

1 comment:

McGyver said...

Uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh!
So it goes on... Sometimes we all seem to wonder just what it is that goes on, and on, and on...

In many ways you've put into words; those which I've read thus far, some of the missing gaps behind the "wonderings". It's good to read your blogs. It's interesting to read your blogs. It makes me wonder what's coming next.

I like reading your blogs.

I like the relationship you have with words.
Keep it going.