Verse for the day

Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Question.... remix

I have been doing a lot of thinking , and praying, and talking to friends. And I believe that God does not want me in Bloem ....... Yet.

You see, due to some very stupid choices that I have made in the past , and compounded by the fact that I have not earned a decent salary in quite a while , I have a LOT of debt. Enough debt that I now have a lot of lawyers and debtors on my case.

Now before I can move forward with my life , I need to get rid of all this debt. Start on a clean page. With my current job and current salary , to clean the debt would take me nearly 5 years. By which time I will be 37 !

There is another option however. An option that I have considered earlier and then placed on hold when I started to enjoy the driving job (that I have since had to give up for the office position that I hate).

This option was to become a game ranger, or to use the proper name, a Field Guide. A job that I would like to do and one that will allow me to pay of my debt in about 2.5 years. The reason for this is that the job usually includes housing, food and clothes. So all of my salary, which is not great, will be able to pay debt. The reason for this quite obviously is that I now pay lodging and food , which will fall away if I am a Field Guide.

In order to apply for a game rangers position I will need to do the following :

  • register with the Field Guide Association of SA in April
  • batten down the hatches , and study my ass off .
  • Write the Level 1 exam and pass with 75% or more.
  • Get my PDP
  • Do a practical exam at a game farm.
  • Start applying for a job as a level 1 Ranger. (actually Field Guide)
So this for now is the short to medium term plan for my life. Stick it out with the current job, try to hold off the debtors (or apply to be placed under administration) and work towards getting that Level 1 FGASA credit behind my name.

So pray for me, that I have the strength , determination, and the drive to get through all of this.

1 comment:

Nonna said...

waar n wil is is n weg!!! jy sal sien!