Verse for the day

Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Question .continued....










Ok. So what on earth was all that about ??

Maybe , for those who do not know me, a quick background. I grew up in a town called Bloemfontein. In my married years I have moved with my wife (then a probationary minister in the Methodist Church) from Bloemfontein to Centurion. Then Macassar , near Cape Town. Then Bloemfontein again. Then , after getting very hurt in the congregation in Bloemfontein, we moved to Uitenhage. Now apart from the fact that our marriage of 10 years ended in divorce in Uitenhage , the place was actually very good to both of us. My (ex) wife has since moved to Cape Town where, I am happy to say , she is very happy. I have stayed around in Uitenhage and started to work for VW as an endurance test driver. A job that I really enjoyed. The only bad thing about the job was that there were times where no work was available and I stayed home. Without pay !

Now in the mean time , the boss needed a PA. And I was the choice , I guess since I knew how to witch on a PC. To be honest, I do not like this new job. In fact the word 'hate' springs to mind. I am not sure how long I will be able to keep up under this strain. The only nice thing about the new job is the fact that I am guaranteed of work every day. Something that I really need, given my precarious financial situation.

Right ! Now to the Question. In the past 3 days I have had 3 people all asking me when I am moving back to Bloemfontein. I have been avoiding that question , but it seems that God wants me to deal with it.

For a reason I can not explain I have been kicking very hard against going back to Bloem. I think that I need to list the pros and cons of Bloem here.

Cons
  • I have gotten very hurt in Bloem
  • Bloem is very far from the ocean - something I have come to love.
  • Bloem is very far from my wonderful Uitenhage friends
  • I am going to miss my church
  • I do not know where I will join a church in Bloem. I do not trust any of the 2 Methodist churches there.
  • There is not much to do as far as outdoor experiences are concerned.

Pros
  • I have very good friends in Bloem
  • I can have a clean start without the 'stigma' of being recently divorced.
  • I have a chance of getting a job that I like.
  • There may be some one special for me in Bloem

I need to find God's will in this. Where does He want me to go ? I wish I knew what He wanted me to do with my life. Because I honestly have no idea.

I do know this: If I go to my boss and tell him that I am resigning and moving to Bloem he will give birth to seven little kittens with rubber necks on his desk.

4 comments:

Tony C said...

You had a good list on the pro side, but left out one...the name of the town! That's gotta be one of the coolest I've heard.

I wouldn't worry too much about the stigma of divorce. With 1 of 2 marriages ending...you've got lots of company...including yours truly.

God will let you know...just be sure to listen!

Steven Jones said...

Now I'm going to give you the same advice you gave me - don't do anything hasty.

Word verification: Mantea. Is this the brew for REAL men?

Gus said...

film the giving birth to kittens part - post it on youtube and you'll be set for life.

bugs said...

Hey, i wish i could give you answers for your questions...

What i do know is this:
* God loves you have lots of good friends on both sides
* You will find a good spiritual home because God will never leave you
* My brother always said: listen to what your mind says and then follow your heart
* You are an amazing person and you deserve to be happy


One question:
Have you looked at job opportunities in Bloem?