Verse for the day

Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Mission trip to Mosambique

Two posts in one day ! Yep , believe it.

On top of my previous post I need to post this one.

Our church is planning a mission trip into Mozambique again ( they have done so once every two years or so since 1999). Now I believe that I am supposed to go on this trip. Apart from a school mission trip into Lesotho , I have not done something like this before. I do believe that I can serve the Lord on this trip , even if only with my photography skills to come and tell the story more clearly back home.

Now the costs of this trip would be about R4500 . That is about a whole month's pay for me. And as I have said in the previous post , it is not as if I have any spare cash lying around to pay for this.

And so , what it boils down to is this: If God wants me on this trip , and I hope He does, then He will have to find a huge rabbit to pull out of a hat. Because I am willing to go. I want to go. But I can not afford it. As it is , going will will cost me about 7 days in unpaid leave. Or to put it bluntly , it will mean that I will receive a quarter less pay at the end of the month of that mission trip.

And so I ask this of you my friends, readers and fellow bloggers. Pray with me that God's will be done. Pray that He who has infinite resources available , will make a way for me to go on this trip. And pray for the trip. That the work and service and love of the people going will be to His honor and Glory , and will further and solidify His kingdom here in our corner of the world.

No comments: