Verse for the day

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

32




Seeing as I turn 32 today I thought I would write a post of the 32 highlights of my life. one highlight for every year. The scary part was that I realized that there were quite a number of years that I would not be able to list highlights for.

Make no mistake - there were some .
  • Like the day I met my wife.
  • The day we got married.
  • The day she was accepted as a probationary Methodist minister.
  • The day I got my first digital SLR camera.
But surely not enough to make up 32. Especially not if I had to limit them to one per year.

So I decided that I would rather make another list. and even this one may take some thinking. So here we go :

32 things you may not have known about me :

  1. Although ,by all accounts, I look mean , I have a very small heart.
  2. I do not see myself as a particularly good photographer
  3. I am always surprised to see myself in a photo ( I never think of myself as so much bigger than most other people)
  4. I was the nerd at school (not the smart geek type, just the guy that everyone bullied)
  5. I studied computer-systems-engineering for a year and then quit.
  6. In Matric I wanted to be an air force fighter pilot
  7. I was Youth Pastor in the Dutch Reformed Church for a year
  8. I met my wife when she was dating my best friend
  9. I struggle to see God as a loving Father
  10. I do not have a very good relationship with my own father.
  11. I would love to own a motorbike. I have a softspot for the Honda Transalp 700
  12. I would love to have a go at being a rally driver
  13. I love Christian music.
  14. I love Abba and classical music.
  15. Sometimes I will listen to heavy metal (though still Christian Metal)
  16. I google my name sometimes
  17. I like to cook
  18. At one stage after school I was super fit and won 32km cycle race against pros. I was on a borrowed mountain bike.
  19. I would like to start cycling again.
  20. I hate running (it hurts my back)
  21. I am very practically minded
  22. My first computer was a Commodore Vic 20. I was 8.
  23. I have designed at least 12 websites.
  24. If I could do any job in the world , I would like to be a Helicopter Pilot.
  25. I like to read Terry Pratchett's Discworld books
  26. I like to sing
  27. I like new challenges but get bored once I have mastered them.
  28. I have very few close friends
  29. I am not very good with money (and at the moment I am paying the price for my stupidity)
  30. I love gadgets.
  31. I have a thing for torches and flashlights. I have to really restrain myself from buying new ones when I see them in a store.
  32. I would like to learn to drive big interlink trucks.

1 comment:

bugs said...

Baie geluk! my gebed vir jou is dat jy in die jaar wat voorle God se teenwoordigheid op n tasbare wyse sal ervaar, dat die jaar vir jou gevul sal wees met liefde en dat jy vervulling en vrede sal ervaar. Ek bid dat jou drome waar sal word. Jy is n spesiale mens. dankie dat ek die laaste 12 verjaarsdae met jou kon deel