Verse for the day

Friday, November 7, 2008

5 things a day

I have a little plug in on my web browser(Firefox) called "Stumble". Stumble allows me to specify things that interest me , and then by clicking on the stumble button it would direct me to random websites that deal with one of those interests . Very addictive to be honest.

But any way .. This evening I stumbled onto this site , with a very long story about the jewish feast of tabernacles. At the end of this post the author mentions how (s)he found that writing down 5 good things that (s)he expereienced per day , helped to keep him/her from depression.

And I thought that this was a good idea. And so I will also try to do two things.

1. blog more regularly
2. post 5 good things per day ( when I blog)

So here goes .

Today I experienced God thru the following 5 things.

1. I watched a movie with my wife called " Ouma se slim kind"
2. I had coffee with my friend Neville and his wife.
3. I listened to a couple of worship songs on my pc.
4. I had coffee with my wife in a coffee shop.
5. Alet took Jaco to school this morning and I could stay in bed till late.

It is amazing to note how hard I had to think to find these 5 things. Yet I realize that God blessed me with so much more.

I pray that my eyes will open and that I will see all the things I have to be thankfull for every day.

3 comments:

bugs said...

5 things that i am thankful for:
* A God of Grace
* People who choose to support rather than judge
* you
* a son who giggles when i put him to bed
* the joy of watching young people grow

Rock in the Grass (Pete Grassow) said...

God go with you my brother

Barbara said...

Hi - I found your blog through Pete Grassow's...I love your idea of finding 5 ways God blesses you each day. It really is a great way to pull yourself out of the dumps - I did this in a journal a few years ago, but unfortunately got out of the habit of writing them down. You've inspired me to start it up again. Thank you and good luck with your lists!