Verse for the day

Monday, November 17, 2008

The Shack

I have recently read , as I am sure have many others, a book called 'The Shack' by William P Young.

To be honest , I read it in one day. Then cried my eyes out. Then started reading it again two days later.

I can not recommend this book enough. I do think that it is necessary to point out that the word 'shack' in a South African context has a negative connotation to it and that this 'shack' is not the shack that South Africans have in mind.
Whilst I am surely no great theologian , I will say that this book resonated with my soul and that I have read nothing in this book that I felt was ,if not biblically true then , not spiritually true.

All I can say is: Leave your prejudice behind and read the book from beginning to end. It is awesome. I am sure that you will meet and experience , and maybe catch a glimpse into, the heart of God like never before.

No comments: