Verse for the day

Saturday, November 15, 2008

I wish...


When I was young my dad owned a Honda CX500 like this one. His was blue.

Specs : 500cc V-Twin
Liquid cooled
Shaft Drive
manufactured : '78 to '83

What a nice old bike. Lots of torque.Very forgiving. My dad sold his bike for R2500 and I was mad at him for months. I learned to ride on that bike. And ever since I had a thing for the CX's. I have always wanted to own one.

A while back I discovered one standing at an Engineering works here Uitenhage. Same colour and design as the one in the pic. It needs some work, and exhausts , but the otherwise it is not in bad shape.

And I have been dreaming and scheming and raking my brains for ways to acquire this bike. And slowly I have come to the realization that I will not own this bike. There is just no way that I will be able to scrape together the money.

And so I will keep on dreaming. Maybe one day.....

1 comment:

digitaldion (Dion Forster) said...

They are lovely bikes indeed. I'll be praying that God will bless you with something even nicer than that!

With love in Christ,

Dion (under new management)