Verse for the day

Sunday, October 11, 2009

To boldly go where I have'nt gone before

On Saturday morning I was on my way to go and take photos of the Van Stadens bridge from the flower reserve when I drove past 'Uncle Freddies' and the turn off to Elandsrivier. And having always wondered where the Elandsrivier road goes, I turned right and followd the road for what would turn out to be about a hundred kilometers of glorious views in the mist and rain.

I had my Camera with me but in the end I took very view pictures. Mostly because of the rain and mist , but also because I realized that no photo will ever be able to do the scenery justice. I had a wonderful time and really enjoyed myself. In the afternoon I ended up at Paul and Helena where we had coffee before taking their dog , Milo, to Schoenmakerskop to go and play on the beach.

I must admit that after this trip I have now used all of the petrol I had available for the rest of the month, but... it was worth it.

The only way the trip could have been better would have been if I could do it on a Honda Transalp or Africa Twin.  sigh......

Maybe one day.



2 comments:

bugs said...

Beautiful!

Mark Penrith said...

Hi there,

That second photo is really interesting. It that an effect or because of the mist.

In Christ,

Mark