Verse for the day

Monday, May 4, 2009

My son's birthday

Yesterday my son turned 8. And every year bar one I baked the cake for his birthday. So I drove all the way to Cape Town for the weekend to go and visit him and my (ex) wife* and to go and bake him a cake. In this case , a doggie cake.

I had a great weekend. We played with his new toys and built lots of Lego cars. It was nice to see him again after 4 months and it was good to be able to sit down and chat with Alet.

Thanks guys for a nice weekend.

* : I do not like the term ex wife. It has way too many negative connections. The thing is that we are still good friends. And I still care for her. And so she is not the typical Ex. I know that we will always have a soft spot and care for each other.
I do not want people to associate the negative connections with her. So what do I call her?

2 comments:

bugs said...

Thank you for the Cake, and the 'kuier' i appreciate both more than i can say.

And yes, I too appreciate our friendship. Thank you for that

ps. All that was left of the beautiful cake after the party was one or two small pieces :)

DoringRosie said...

Ek haal my hoed vir jou af. Regtig. Ek is eerlik waar so verbaas om vir eens 'n man te sien as 'n man en nie as iets negatief. Dankie vir die nuwe insig daarop Hanno. Ek dink dit vat baie om 'n verhouding(huwelik) van solank af te sluit en nogsteeds mekaar te respekteer en vriende te wees. Dankie vir hierdie oog oop maaker. Dis seker nie my plek om te comment nie, maar wou dit deel vriend.